Do you own a 2021 Ford Ecosport with problems? You could be driving a lemon.
The 2021 Ford EcoSport SUV has been subject to a number of complaints and concerns from owners since its release. These issues range from mechanical problems to safety concerns, and have led to recalls and technical service bulletins from Ford as well as filed complaints with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). If your 2021 Ford Ecosport has been back to the dealer multiple times for repairs that remain a problem, call Georgia lemon lawyers today at 404-737-3451 for a FREE case review. Of contact our lemon law firm by filling out the free case review form on this page.
One of the most significant issues reported by owners of the 2021 EcoSport is transmission problems, occurring in both manual and automatic transmission. Many owners have reported difficulty shifting gears, rough shifting, and even complete transmission failure. In some cases, this has led to the vehicle stalling or losing power while in motion, creating a serious safety risk. Ford has acknowledged these complaints and issued several recalls and technical service bulletins related to transmission issues in the EcoSport. This is including a recall in March 2021 affecting over 35,000 vehicles. The recall was issued due to a faulty shift cable bushing, which could cause the vehicle to shift into gear unexpectedly or fail to shift at all.
Specific 2021 Ford Ecosport transmission complaints include:
- Shuddering and Jerking: Many owners reported that their Ecosport vehicles experienced shuddering and jerking while driving, particularly during acceleration or when shifting gears. This issue could be caused by a faulty clutch or other transmission components.
- Delayed Shifts: Some owners reported that the transmission was slow to shift gears, particularly when accelerating from a stop or when climbing hills. This issue could be caused by a faulty shift solenoid or other components.
- Gear Slipping: Some owners reported that the transmission would slip out of gear, causing the vehicle to unexpectedly slow down or lose power. This issue could be caused by a worn-out transmission or other mechanical issues.
- Grinding Noise: Some owners reported hearing a grinding noise when shifting gears, particularly when downshifting. This issue could be caused by a worn-out clutch or other transmission components.
- Transmission Failure: In some cases, the transmission in the 2021 Ford Ecosport would completely fail, rendering the vehicle un-drivable. This issue could be caused by a variety of factors, including faulty components, poor maintenance, or manufacturing defects.
Ford has acknowledged these transmission issues and has offered some remedies for affected owners, including repairs or replacements of faulty components.
Another common complaint from owners of the 2021 EcoSport is related to the vehicle’s electrical system. Many owners have reported issues with the battery draining quickly, even when the vehicle is not in use. This has led to problems starting the vehicle and even complete battery failure in some cases. Ford has issued several technical service bulletins related to battery drain issues in the EcoSport, including one in February 2021 advising dealers to update the vehicle’s software to address the problem.
In addition to these mechanical and electrical issues, 2021 EcoSport owners have also reported concerns about the vehicle’s safety features. Many owners have reported issues with the blind spot monitoring system, which is intended to alert drivers to vehicles in their blind spots. Some owners have reported that the system fails to detect vehicles in certain situations, creating a safety risk. There have also been reports of problems with the vehicle’s airbags and seat belts, although these issues have not yet led to recalls or technical service bulletins from Ford.
Overall, the 2021 Ford EcoSport SUV has been subject to a number of problems, complaints, and concerns from owners since its release. While some of these issues have been addressed through recalls and technical service bulletins, others remain unresolved. If you own a 2021 EcoSport and are experiencing any issues or concerns, it is important to take your vehicle back to the Ford Dealer for repairs and to make certain to keep records of the various repairs to your 2021 Ecosport. Contact Georgia Lemon Law attorneys at 404-737-3451 for a free case review. We can review your vehicle’s repairs and advise if you can exercise your Georgia lemon law rights.